Thursday, June 26, 2008

Urban Obstacle Course



After a bit of prodding, Mic finally convinced me that riding the single speed to Alive @ Five would be fun. My problem is that cars scare me and I kind of scare myself too. I am a victim of that strange phenomenon that occurs when riding in the woods-- the one where the minute I look at an obstacle- tree sticking out into the trail, sharp rock pointed right at you, furry little bunny, etc. I steer directly into it. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy-- I can't avoid it. So one can understand my hesitancy about riding the bike around cars! Well, much to my surprise it was not that scary (we only rode like an 1/8th of a mile ). We made it safely to the Creek and enjoyed some great music and good beer (I'll let Mic tell you about that later) and had the opportunity to catch up with some friends we hadn't seen in awhile.




After a few beers the ride back was a bit more intimidating-- I haven't quite elevated my skills to the level where Market Street didn't terrify me. Good thing is...with Mic's encouragement, I'll have many more opportunities to work on it. Ride on...

No comments: